Thursday, December 29, 2011

Eels - Beautiful Freak


Beautiful Freak by the Eels reminds me of something Matt Mahaffey from Self would produce. Especially with first track, “Novocaine for the Soul.” It really sounds like a Self influenced track.

I have yet to hear Eels other work, but by suggestion, this was a first told by a friend of mine. Giving it a listen, I really can’t find a track I can dislike. My taste for something original and divine in Pop sound has always been great.

Not mainstream like content you’d hear on television, but a definite hit on television In mid 90’s as it was released in 1996.

I really love “Susan's House” to me it’s myself talking to myself in my head while walking toward a specific destination. The talking really makes it an engaging track.

My Favorite Track: My Beloved Monster
Eels - Beautiful Freak by gurykins on Grooveshark

No comments:

Post a Comment