Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Nana Grizol - Love It! Love It!


Although the release of this album wasn’t in 2011, I really found “Love It!  Love It!” to be spectacular. I have never heard of Nana Grizol before and I’m glad message boards brought them to my attention.
Nana Grizol - Love It! Love It! by gurykins on Grooveshark
 Reviews of the tracks that hit my heart.

1. Circles 'Round the Moon

I know I shouldn’t judge a book by it’s cover, but the first track really convinced me the entire album will be amazing. I occasionally find myself making routine trips of lonesome walks in this neighbourhood and the title explains the situation. I really admire Theo’s ability to admire a small disruption in everyday life which we ignore. I always look at the city to being something a town kid dreams about, but I missed out the part of how city lights drown a nights beauty, being a naturalist It does bother me. Who doesn’t contemplate? The line, “Circles around the block, is this how all my times gets wasted” always reminds me of how my life is stationary. The background melody also reminds me a bit of Caesar’s “Jerk It Out”

2. Tambourine -N- Thyme

“So tell me not to fall in love with you, and frankly my friend I think that’s the sweetest thing you do.” That’s a line I wish my high school crush said to me. It would be how a spirit needs to finish a task in order to cross to the afterlife. I make up theories of how she feels and she always sugar coats her sentences not to sound rude. That particular line is something I’d want to hear so I can move on and forget the what ifs. Growing up as a teenager, a relationship becomes whole once the physical part is crossed out on the list. That’s a stereotype around here and when Theo says, “so we ignore those body parts that get so wet and get so hard and focus on our beating hearts” Reveals how one partner defines love from sex and it’s exhausting to the other partner who assumes the relationship is matured and shouldn’t need an organized method of keeping love true. My front porch is my paradise in the summer, and I get chills when Theo sings of how he can be alone and respect the motions of the world to keep his mood lifted.

3. Will We

I had a close friend who became distant when she found a boyfriend. She wanted something more but I was happy to be close friends with her. However, this song speaks about a relationship with a girl. I minus the lines that suggest a relationship existence and events to keep the relation to my life situations alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment